Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Facebook analysis







I started a page called invest in you, which didn't really flourish the way I thought it would. I did realize, though, that this is a result of your eyes being bigger than your stomach, but not in terms of food!

What didn't work:

I felt as if the timing may have been a little off for me to start my page and give it all the TLC it needed. With the football season being at hand at the time I felt like I wasn't able to post at a high enough volume or invest enough passion and time behind what I was trying to do.

Posting statuses without any visual content, I noticed didn't get very much love or hardly any views at all.

The volume that I posted didn't really work either. I felt like had I posted at-least 4 times a week people would have received it better. I took the once or twice a week approach, and even sometimes not posting during the week and it didn't really work . I think if people constantly seen it popping up they would be more curious as to what it was they were looking at.

Advertising the way I did wasn't that effective. I cross referenced on my regular page a couple of times but not enough. Not enough to the point that people would know that it was even relevant.

What Did work:

Targeting the crowd that I was aiming for definitely worked, according to the stats. Most of the views of my page came through those in ages ranging from 18-24. They were the main ones looking at my page and being reached by the things that I posted!

Posting videos was a hit as well. Looking at my insights under the posts section, It showed that more people liked or viewed the videos more than any of the other posts.

Anything with a visual aspect, instead of simply words was viewed and successful on my page. Also If I shared a status or a quote from a celebrity or someone of prominence, it was viewed at a higher rate than that of my other posts.

Campaign Plan:

I felt like for the most part I followed through with my intended plan and motives for the page, though, there were times where I didn't meet my own criteria. My goal was to post motivating quotes, and videos about 4 times a week with the intentions of lifting people up and influencing them to keep pushing forward no matter how hard life gets, while keeping a solid backbone built of faith. I was only posting 2 times a week, and I wasn't posting an equal amount of videos as compared to photos and regular statuses. The plan was to not only post motivational photos and quotes, but to record motivational videos of myself , but I never got around to doing it. But in a lot of areas I do feel like I followed my plan, however; I do feel like with a little more time on the page and more preparation my page can become successful.

Self Evaluation:

I think this was definitely a cool experience, and a learning period on how to manage a page. I noticed that In myself, I wanted to do so much and really wanted to impact peoples lives, but I quickly learned that it takes time and a Valiant effort. I noticed that my focus on the page wasn't as equivalent as my passion for the page because I would be itching to post something and then my mind would go to a completely different place. I learned that this page, in fact can become very successful if advertised, and cared for the right way. I had the right mindset for the page, but I didn't have a lot of time. I am glad I did it because it taught me a lot, and I plan on continuing the page because I love inspiring people and introducing people to faith; not only on a social level but on a personal level as well.











No comments:

Post a Comment